TRAQ is an acronym for “True Advertising Quality”.
In summary, each account has a TRAQ score that ranges from 0 to 1000. All accounts initially start with a score of 500.
A score of 0 is the worst quality possible and indicates serious problems with viewability or other important metrics that our advertisers look at.
A score of 1000 is the best quality possible which indicates advertisements are very likely working as our advertisers intend.
Things not to do which will negatively affect your score are:
– Do not display our ads below the page fold or partially below the page fold, this means the advertisement must be completely in the browser’s viewport (viewable area) when the page is initially loaded
– Do not hide our advertisements
– Do not try to initially display our advertisements in the background, hidden away from being viewed or interacted with at all
– Do not obstruct our advertisements with an overlay or related element
– Not allowing a majority of video advertisements to complete playback or even reach at least 25% of playback
Things which will positively affect your score are:
– Not doing any of the above
– Allowing video ads to play at least 25% of their clip, but ideally nearer 100% to maintain a higher score
– Occasionally showing ads through our Flash version of the video ads player and not just video ads through our HTML5 player (a lot of clients have Flash supported/installed anyway) – this is so we can we verify viewability and other important metrics for our advertisers
– Ensuring video ads are visible to the client as soon as they start playing
These measures allow us to suspend accounts which have been doing things such as using a traffic exchange and therefore improve our traffic’s quality. As such this equals more advertisements/advertisers, and can also lead to higher CPM’s.